Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Safety Committee to work to support pedestrian and transportation planning initiatives
The Town Board seeks to form a Transportation Safety Advisory Committee to support various pedestrian and transportation planning initiatives. The seven-member committee would meet a maximum of once per month for approximately 1 – 1.5 hours via Zoom video conference. The Committee will be supported by Town staff from the Department of Public Works, Police Department (Traffic and Safety Unit) and Department of Community Development and Conservation.
Specific Committee tasks will include the following:
· Familiarization with the Town’s Comprehensive Plan and related supplement
· Familiarization with the Town’s Sidewalk Prioritization Report
· Familiarization of various ongoing and planned transportation improvement initiatives (see information below)
· Review and recommendation of draft 5-year Transportation Planning/Capital Budget (2022 - 2027) prepared by Town Staff.
Residents interested in serving on the Committee should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information by Friday, March 26th:
· Duration residing in the Town
· Describe your interest in local Transportation Planning
· Reference existing or prior involvement with Civic Associations or other Boards Committees of the Town
· Meeting Availability (business hours-only, evening-only, flexible [both])