This weeks survey asks cyclists and pedestrians about their experiences. Do you feel that the experience would be safer and more enjoyable if there would be designated hours for only cyclist and then later in the day for other pedestrians?
A new walkway has just opened on Mario Cuomo Bridge. It’s been designed to be used at the same time by bicyclists and pedestrians. Users seem to agree it offers wonderful views and another excellent recreational opportunity in our region. But there already has been widespread concern expressed about safety. Because the walkway is only 12 feet wide—bounded on both sides by concrete walls—bicyclists and pedestrians, each moving east and west at the same time, are always in close proximity.
What do you think?
How to take the survey:
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen using either the down arrow on your keyboard or the scroll bar on the lefthand side of your screen
Click The FIRST link in Blue.
This link will take you to the survey monkey website
For each question, click the bubble next to your choice.
Constituent Outreach Survey #10 Regarding
The new walkway on the Mario Cuomo Bridge
1) Have you used the walkway?
2) How have you used the walkway?
Both Bicyclist and Pedestrian
3) Have you witnessed accidents or other unpleasant interactions between bicyclists and pedestrians?
4) Would you favor separate use times during part of each day for bicyclists only and pedestrians only (for example, two-hour time slots in the morning and in the afternoon)?
5) Have you seen service dogs on the walkway?
To take the survey, Click the Link Below:
The Results From Constituent Outreach Survey #9