former student intern volunteering to spread good news about terrific people in our community who are helping others
When Elizabeth Skovron was a junior in college at SUNY Albany, she enlisted the support of Paul Feiner/the Town of Greenburgh to create a program to help fellow students and recent graduates transition to the job market through targeted skill development and networking opportunities. The program was highly successful, helping many.
Since then, Elizabeth has worked in PR and Advertising, and is currently an Account Manager at an agency. While continuing to work from during the COVID-19 pandemic, she has volunteered to help us spread awareness of available programs and services and assist the community via social media. Having recently experienced the loss of an elderly family member, she understands how difficult and complicated life is right now for everyone.
We welcome you to submit any stories, experiences, or information you’d like to share with the community, including:
- How you’re helping healthcare workers and other essential workers
- Services you’ve started or are participating in (e.g. food delivery services, groups making masks/other PPE, volunteer programs, virtual support groups, etc.)
- Small businesses committed to helping others during COVID-19
- Small businesses offering programs
- Your personal experiences/stories during quarantine
Please send to https://www.instagram.com/greenburgh_ny/
or @greenburgh_ny. Or, you can email Elizabeth directly at email@example.com
Some recent posts that Elizabeth put on instagram about our town. Thank you Elizabeth!!