Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
I declared a Disaster Emergency
All Town Buildings closed to the public. Call town staff by phone. Parks, playgrounds, basketball courts, fields are closed. Vehicular access to parks prohibited but walking trails open. My cell: 438 1343
TOWN OF GREENBURGH- DECLARATION OF DISASTER EMERGENCY
The following is a Declaration of Emergency that was declared last night. Many other communities in the county are declaring similar emergencies. Although our buildings are closed- we will work hard to continue to provide you with the services you depend on. The Town Board and I are having video conferencing calls daily with other town officials. I participate in conference calls with the County Executive, with other town officials three times a week, getting updates and learning what other communities are doing. Although the Town Hall is closed you can always reach me on my cell: 438-1343. Or e mail me at email@example.com. I try to personally get back to everyone who contacts me the same day. Since I’m getting swamped with calls it would be helpful if you would advise me when the latest time in the evening I can call you back (I go to sleep after midnight).
WHEREAS, on March 17, 2020 at 10:00 p.m., I am issuing an Emergency Disaster Declaration, declaring a State of Emergency in the Town of Greenburgh; and
WHEREAS, both travel-related cases and community contact transmission of the COVID-19 virus have been documented in New York State, Westchester County and the Town of Greenburgh, with the spread of the COVID-19 virus accelerating at an alarming pace, with at least two Greenburgh residents testing positive for the COVID-19 virus; and
WHEREAS, in order to protect the public health and safety, emergency action is necessary to help arrest the rapid spread of COVID-19 virus, including reducing the opportunity for instances in which individuals come into close contact with one another;
NOW, THEREFORE, I, Paul J. Feiner, Town Supervisor of the Town of Greenburgh, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the State of New York, hereby issue the following Emergency Order pursuant to Section 24 of the New York State Executive Law specifying that:
2. All Town Buildings and Facilities shall be closed except for emergency staffing to perform essential duties as determined by the appropriate Department Head or the Town Board. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Town of Greenburgh Police Department, as always, shall remain in operation 24 hours a day and some Town offices shall remain open for emergency and special services for limited business hours on a "by appointment" basis. Phone numbers to call are posted on the Town’s Web site.
3. Effective yesterday Tuesday, March 17, 2020, at 10:00 PM:
5. (1) All Town parks shall be closed for the use of any playing fields, basketball courts or playground facilities;
(2) All vehicular access to any of these Town parks shall be prohibited, although Town walking trails will remain open for public access and can be accessed on foot at the above-mentioned facilities;
6. (3) All programs at Anthony Veteran Park and the Theodore D. Young Community Center have been cancelled until further notice;
The Foregoing Emergency Order shall remain in effect through midnight on April 16, 2020, and may be renewed and extended for additional five (5) day periods through the issuance of further Emergency Orders
Paul J. Feiner