Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
TODAY'S AGENDA --TOWN BD MEETING WITH GOVERNOR'S TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMITTEE
EXTERNAL: Do not click links or open attachments if you do not recognize the sender.
Last week another man lost his life in a tragic pedestrian accident in Greenburgh. A go fund page has been set up. If you would like to help the family with funeral expenses please visit the GoFundMe page posted below.
The Town Board will be meeting today at 4:30 PM with Chuck Conroy who is Highway Safety Program Manager of the Governor’s Traffic Safety Committee. We will also provide residents with the following updates:
1) Next steps: Sidewalk on Ft Hill Road (Underhill to Longview)
2) Status report: traffic light on Central: Sacred Heart Church
3) Education outreach efforts to promote pedestrian/motorist safety
4) Digital speed signs - requesting placement around town
5) seeking state legislation digital speed camera’s.
6) Traffic Safety Committee --I have asked Lucas Cioffi of Edgemont and Patrice Ingrassia of the Hartsdale Neighbors Association to co-chair a Citizens Traffic Safety Committee. Will be speaking with them on Thursday and will advise interested residents how they can get involved. Both have agreed to serve.
7) Update: prioritization of sidewalks (providing community with at least a three year plan)--prioritization to be presented to the Town Board in March by Commissioners of Planning, Public Works after consultation with the police.
Family fights to bring change to Greenburgh amid fatal pedestria
A beloved father from White Plains is being remembered after he was struck and killed in Greenburgh.