They dropped of some signs at Greenburgh Town Hall highlighting the effort. If you are participating in this environmental initiative and want your neighbors to learn more about No Mow May you can pick up a free lawn sign to place on your property.
Come to Greenburgh Town Hall during regular office hours (9-5 | M-F) to pick up some little green lawn signs that announce your commitment to your neighbors and community to refrain from mowing your lawn for the month of May.
No Mow May is a grassroots effort to help our pollinators and raise awareness of their importance for our environment. The goal of No Mow May is to let your grass grow for the entire month of May, creating habitat and food sources for early season pollinators.
The benefits of letting lawns go undisturbed for the month of May include:
· Increased habitat for pollinators and wildlife
· Cutting down on pollution and reducing CO2 emissions
· Making yards safer for kids and pets by reducing the amount of harsh chemicals (pesticides and herbicides) used on our lawns.
· Promoting sustainable landscapes for healthier neighborhoods
· Create a safe environment for learning and observation
· Showing solidarity that you care about our environment and our Town
We welcome you to come pick up as many signs as you like – they are at the front desk in the lobby at 177 Hillside Ave. – and we thank you for caring. If you are participating in the efforts and want to share your experiences please e mail me at email@example.com. This is a totally voluntary initiative that residents may or may not wish to participate in.