TWO GREAT PROGRAMS FOR THE ELDERLY --HELP WITH HOME REPAIR PROGRAMS
WATER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM TO HELP LOWER INCOME HOUSEHOLDS
Westchester County Habitat for Humanity, in partnership with Westchester Residential Opportunities, has created a new Aging in Place Home Repair Program that can help.
The Aging in Place program supports qualifying seniors by making improvements to the home to create a safe and energy efficient environment. These improvements will decrease your chance of injury and cut energy costs.
If your income is below $88,750 for a household of two, you will qualify for the program.
Initial services offered could include:
• Grab bars/handrails
• Light switches and door knob replacement
• Lighting and trip prevention modifications
• Hearing impaired doorbell notification
• Appliance accessibility modifications for visually impaired
Potential secondary services:
Access to NYS & Utility Efficiency Programs
• Provide repairs to tighten the envelope of the home, and possible new HVAC and boilers
Secondary Work Scope
• Home entry ramps and interior stair lifts
• Bathroom/kitchen re-model
• Items needing repair to create a safe, habitable environment
Contact for more information:
Subject: Fwd: Town of Greenburgh Water Department - Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP)
I do want to let you know that the Town offers a Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) to help low income households pay the cost of water and sewer services. The program can assist households who have past due bills (arrears) for water and sewer services.
For anyone that is interested, information can be found at https://otda.ny.gov/programs/water-assistance/ or call 833-690-0208.