The Greenburgh Central School District has negotiated an Energy Performance Contract (EPC) with Con Edison Solutions to make our facilities more energy efficient.
Energy Performance Contract Vote
The Greenburgh Central School District has negotiated an Energy Performance Contract (EPC) with Con Edison Solutions to make our facilities more energy efficient. Energy Performance Contracting is a budget-neutral approach to make building improvements that reduce energy and increase operational efficiency. Greenburgh can use an EPC to pay for today’s facility upgrades and tomorrow’s energy savings – without tapping into capital budgets.
The EPC contract includes:
- Upgrading interior and exterior lighting to LED.
- Installing solar panels on the roof of Highview Elementary School and a carport solar installation and Battery Energy Storage System at the Woodlands Middle/High School football field.
- Installing direct digital controls and new energy management systems.
- Installing or reinstating natural gas services.
- Improving air handlers, replacing and rebuilding rooftop units for fresh air intake.
- Installing new water heaters in all schools and new boilers in some schools.
- Installing software and time controls to District computers and air conditioning units.
The project includes $21M in improvements. However, there will be no additional cost to the taxpayer. The project will be funded by energy savings on utility bills, rebates from NYS Energy Research and Development Authority, and state aid from New York State.
The savings are guaranteed by Con Edison Solutions. If we don’t save what is predicted, Con Ed Solutions will be responsible to reimburse the District every year the savings isn’t reached for the difference.
New York State Education department requires voter approval to receive 10% building aid. We are holding a special vote for this 10% state aid on Tuesday, January 17th at the Woodlands Middle/High School Gymnasium. Polls will be open from 7 AM until 9 PM.
Please mark your calendars and come out and vote. For more information, please visit greenburghcsd.org. Thank you!