Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
town to drop off free recycling containers to residents who are currently not served by automated recycling garbage truck
The Town Bureau of Sanitation is implementing automated sanitation service for the collection of commingle recycling to various areas within the Town. The program is designed to benefit residents by providing greater efficiency and overall costs savings with the commingle recycling collection program. The automated sanitation truck is designed to be operated by a single Town employee, and collects garbage and commingle recycling through the use of an automated mechanical arm. We currently pick up garbage using the automated garbage truck. Before we started using this truck the sanitation department employed 48 employees. Now we’re down to 40 via attrition.
As part of the implementation of this automated service to the entire Town, we are gradually expanding this service as new automated trucks are purchased. Recently, a new automated sanitation truck has been added to the Town fleet and will be put into service following this cart deployment. A Town issued commingle recycling cart must be used for this service and will be delivered to many homes around town that currently do not receive this service. Please be advised that there is no change to your current commingle recycling collection schedule. The only change is the method in which commingle recyclables are collected at the curbside.
Please take note:
• The Commingle Recycling Collection Cart has a gray body with a blue lid and will be distributed to you the week of October 7, 2019.
• The Commingle Recycling Collection Cart must be used for commingle recycling only.
• The automated commingle recycling collection will begin the week of
October 23, 2019 in accordance with the 2019 Town of Greenburgh Sanitation Calendar.
• There is no change to the paper recycling schedule or the methods by which paper recycling is collected.
• The following link further explains and demonstrates the automated trucks:
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please contact the Town of Greenburgh Department of Public Works at (914)-989-1580.
Follow Westchester County