The Greenburgh Town Board has authorized indoor recreation activities for seniors provided the seniors are vaccinated. Many seniors who are vaccinated want to enjoy the indoor programming that was offered prior to the pandemic. Some feel isolated. Both the Parks Department and Theodore Young Community Center have recently resumed outdoor activities for our seniors. Very pleased!
The Greenburgh Library Board last week approved the following schedule and guidelines for re-opening the library on a limited service basis similar to what we did last Summer/Fall but with additional hours Wednesday afternoons:
We will continue curbside pickup of materials for the time being.
• All patrons over the age of two must wear a mask.
• Masks must completely cover nose and mouth and be worn for entire visit.
• Up to 10 people will be allowed in the 1st floor area at one time.
• Up to 10 people will be allowed for Quiet Study at one time.
• Only 10 computers will be available for patrons at one time.
• Only two appointments will be allowed in the Youth Service area at one time. (No more than 10 people in the Children’s Room at one time.)
• Browsing sessions are a maximum of 30 minutes.
• Computer & Quiet Study sessions are a maximum of 1 hour and 45 minutes.
• Practice social distancing.
• The 2nd floor bathrooms will be open for public use.
• Copy machine and wireless computer printing will be available on the 1st floor and in the Quiet Study area.
• Bring exact change for your copying needs.
• Staff cannot make change for you.
• There will be no seating anywhere in any of the Browsing areas.
• There will be no computers, toys or bathrooms available in the Children’s Room.
Greenburgh Town Supervisor