- Comptroller's Office
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Job Board
Community Job Board
[This is a general resource page for us to share community job listings and opportunities. The Town of Greenburgh is not responsible for the content therein. Reach out to the contacts in the listings below or follow links for more info and applications. Want to include your job listing here for us to share with our citizens? Please email your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.]
CURRENT JOB LISTINGS
Job Opening: WORK SKILLS COACH
Join an innovative program that has real and immediate impact!
Yes She Can Inc. is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism spectrum disorders and related social and learning disabilities develop transferable job skills and increase independence. Our innovative job skills development program is implemented at a retail store operated by Yes She Can: Girl AGain, a resale boutique for American Girl dolls, located in White Plains, NY.
Yes She Can trainees participate in the program with the support of work skills coaches who are responsible for helping our trainees learn and perform their work duties while teaching problem-solving skills, workplace social skills and emotional regulation. Trainees are women ages 18-28 who are interested in pursuing employment. Most participants have earned a high school diploma; some attend or have graduated from college.
The role of the work skills coach is to help trainees develop the skills needed to be able to work with limited support at a job. Yes She Can does not provide job development and placement but collaborates with agencies that support our participants in pursuing employment.
- With Training Program Director, assess the needs of each trainee, and establish her goals for the program.
- Understand and support the social, emotional and cognitive issues of the trainees and help them achieve their program goals.
- Learn all of the store operations and tasks in order to be able to teach and support trainees in executing those tasks and business processes. This includes use of spreadsheets, text documents, internet research, and sales transactions.
- Oversee the trainees in performing job tasks, assess their work and provide feedback.
- Coaching each trainee in one to one or in small groups at Girl AGain.
- Work collaboratively with volunteer job coaches, volunteer peer mentors, and store manager.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and monthly trainee meetings (scheduled in late afternoons or early evenings).
- With director and other coaches, conduct quarterly assessments of each trainee.
- Communicate with participants’ parents and staff from other programs as needed.
- Represent Yes She Can Inc. in a professional manner to participants, staff, volunteers, the public, Girl AGain customers, government agencies and other organizations.
- Support fundraising campaigns and events.
This is not an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Role is performed at Girl AGain boutique in White Plains, NY. Work Skills Coaches may work in the store independently.
Position reports to Yes She Can Director of Training Programs.
Hours and Compensation: This is a paid part-time staff position, minimum commitment of 15-20 hours per week. This position has the potential to expand to full time. Compensation commensurate with experience.
Requirements: Candidate should have education and degree in one of the following areas: social work, psychology, special education, occupational therapy, speech therapy, workforce development. Master's level or working towards those degrees are preferred. In addition, candidate should have experience working directly with teens or adults with autism spectrum disorders. Candidate must be fluent in English, have good communications skills, and ability to work in a dynamic and fluid environment.
Yes She Can is a 501c3 nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer. A background check is required for employment.
To apply: complete form attached with a cover letter describing how your experience and skills will meet the goals of the job. Include your resume and send to Robin@yesshecaninc.org
Job Description: Director of Training Programs
Who we are: Yes She Can is a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping young women with autism and related learning and social disabilities develop transferable job skills. Our unique and innovative program and curriculum are implemented in an authentic business setting as well through integrated online classes. Yes She Can operates Girl AGain boutique where trainees learn and practice essential work skills through professional coaching and assessments. Learn more about the Yes She Can program here.
Who you are: An experienced professional with expertise in autism and other developmental disabilities, with experience working with teens and young adults on the spectrum. You have a passion for our mission and believe in the potential of our clients. You are respectful of our clients' strengths and challenges, and of their family situations and dynamics.
You are a creative problem-solver, resourceful and energetic. You can lead as well as collaborate. You are flexible and can adjust to circumstances to meet our clients’ needs and the organization's mission.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead curriculum planning sessions with coaches and Executive Director and develop enhancements or new skills modules; create schedule and content for each trimester. Assign components to staff.
- Review assessment tools and implement with job coaches, analyze and report results.
- Present to various organizations, transition events, supporters, and funders. Develop relationships with professionals in our field.
- Recruit participants for training programs, working with the Director of Marketing to create and implement an outreach plan.
- Meet with candidates and assess eligibility for the program including review of neuro-psych evaluations, IEPs, and other relevant documents.
- Collaborate with job coaches to ensure that the trainee is working towards personal goals. Work with coaches to implement assessments.
- Serve as job coach as needed.
- Lead weekly meetings with coaches to collaborate on program implementation.
- Communicate with trainees and their parents regarding trainee’s progress during the trimester. Present assessment at end of the trimester.
- Experience developing and managing programs for people with disabilities
- Experience supervising professionals
- Understanding of IEPs and neuro-psych evaluations
- Excellent skills in communicating with trainees, staff, coaches, and families
- Proficiency in the use of Excel and data analysis
- An interest in program development and can think through the necessary steps to implement program segments.
- Ability to accept input from others and integrate that into your approach.
- Comfortable with unplanned program or trainee demands and ability to adjust.
- Preferred advanced degree in one of these: social work, special education, speech and language pathology, occupational therapy, psychology, or related field of study.
Schedule and Compensation
This is a flexible part-time position with hours ranging from 20 -30 hours per week. The position reports to the Executive Director and supervises professional coaching staff and volunteer coaches. Most planning work can be done remotely; it is expected that the Director will have some direct coaching hours at the store. Compensation is an hourly rate based on experience.
Submit a cover letter outlining your qualifications per the job description and your resume to Robin Davies-Small Robin@yesshecaninc.org
Updated Oct. 19, 2021:
JOB OPENING AS A TUTOR FOR THOSE WHO ARE GREAT IN MATH
Mathnasium is looking for tutors. If you or anyone in your family has the skills and interest in tutoring please advise Brigitte Tanner. Mathnasium is a a neighborhood math only learning center that helps children in grades PreK to 12 to understand math that makes sense to them. She runs the Ardsley-Irvington center.
The salary is between $15 and $18 per hour, this depends on educational background.
Requirements for employment are:
• excellent math skills preferably through Calculus
• good communication and organizational skills
• believing in educational values.
Minimum hours per week are 5 and instructors can work up to 20 hours a week.
Email: Brigitte Tanner, email@example.com
WLS Career Coaching Services
Presents a Free Virtual Seminar
“Managing Your Career in Changing Times”
Providing Career Strategies for Individuals to:
• Build self-awareness to clarify direction
• Explore career alternatives
• Learn about the latest job search trends
Facilitated by a Professional Career Coach, this six-week virtual seminar meets once a week for 90 minutes beginning in October and concludes with an individual career coaching session. A virtual orientation with the Career Coach is required prior to the seminar.
For more information, Contact Karen Simmons (914) 231-3238 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to Register: https://bit.ly/37BrwNo
This program is funded in part with support from Westchester County Government.
MTA is seeking new bus operators. Like many other industries, MTA has been dealing with the impacts of workforce shortage and it has led to issues with service delivery as ridership returns.
These positions are full time and pay between $23.84 - $25.49 per hour with excellent benefits packages.
The application period opens Monday, September 20, 2021 and closes on November 30, 2021.
• Job Seekers must apply directly through Job Posting 99929 on the MTA Career Site, new.mta.info/careers, between September 20 and November 30, 2021.
• To qualify for this opportunity, job seekers must possess, when they apply to the position, a motor vehicle driver license, for at least three years, and either a Class B Commercial Driver License (CDL) or a Permit, with a passenger endorsement and no airbrake or other disqualifying restrictions. Your license/permit must be valid in the State of NY.
• If a job seeker does not possess a Lerner Permit for a Class B CDL and they cannot obtain a DMV testing appointment, they may contact the MTA at email@example.com for assistance in scheduling a DMV testing appointment for a Class B CDL permit.
Please forward this E-News to family and friends who may be interested in this information.
La MTA busca nuevos operadores de autobuses. Como muchas otras industrias, la MTA ha estado lidiando con los impactos de la escasez de mano de obra y ha dado lugar a problemas con la prestación de servicios a medida que regresa el número de pasajeros.
Estos puestos son de tiempo completo y pagan entre $23.84 - $25.49 por hora con excelentes paquetes de beneficios.
El período de solicitud abre el lunes 20 de septiembre de 2021 y cierra el 30 de noviembre de 2021.
• Los solicitantes de empleo deben presentar su solicitud directamente a través de la oferta de trabajo 99929 en el sitio de carreras de MTA, new.mta.info/careers, entre el 20 de septiembre y el 30 de noviembre de 2021.
• Para calificar para esta oportunidad, los solicitantes de empleo deben poseer, cuando soliciten el puesto, una licencia de conducir de vehículo motorizado, por al menos tres años, y una licencia de conducir comercial de clase B (CDL) o un permiso, con un endoso de pasajero y sin frenos de aire o otras restricciones descalificantes. Su licencia / permiso debe ser válido en el estado de NY.
• Si un solicitante de empleo no posee un Permiso para una CDL Clase B y no puede obtener una cita para la prueba del DMV, puede comunicarse con la MTA en firstname.lastname@example.org para obtener ayuda para programar una cita para una prueba del DMV para un permiso CDL Clase B.
Envíe estas noticias electrónicas a familiares y amigos que puedan estar interesados en esta información.
Manager of Customer Support, Sustainable Westchester, Inc.
Sustainable Westchester, a nonprofit consortium of Westchester member municipalities, is dedicated to bringing financially, socially and environmentally sound and equitable solutions to its members and their residents and small businesses.
Currently we are seeking a self-starter, highly organized, flexible professional to join our team as the Manager of Customer Support. Customer support is integral to the success of the organization and its mission. This role is critical in creating, representing and stewarding the positive perception and reputation of the organization to the overall Westchester community. The Manager of Customer Support is on the front line in servicing our member municipalities and their residents, ensuring compliance with State and organization requirements related to these interactions as well as informing and educating the public and aiding the efforts of each of our Program Directors to acquire and retain customer enrollment.
The Manager of Customer Support is responsible for coordinating and providing support to all programs of Sustainable Westchester, Inc. (SW). The Manager of Customer Support reports to the Director of Marketing, Communications and Outreach.
a) The role is primarily focused on “inside” customer support (incoming customer inquiries, reactive and proactive communication and education, as well as phone, email and data systems management). b) Secondarily the role includes “outside” customer support (as a function of outreach/communication/marketing and education) working in conjunction and coordination with the Manager of Organization Outreach.
c) Work with and train customer service and outreach coordinator or associates, interns, temp employees as available/appropriate.
The Manager of Customer Support is responsible for ensuring exceptional customer support for the organization and each of its programs.
● Responsible for managing all inside customer support activity, and providing direct Tier 1 / Tier 2 customer support for all programs.
○ Direct more in-depth Tier 3 customer inquiries, complaints, or needs to the appropriate Program Teams.
○ Liaison with suppliers and customer service platform vendors as required to resolve customer service issues.
● Manage phone, email inquiries and web form inquiries on a timely basis from all program customers ensuring complete resolution of questions and/or issues.
● Interface with Program Directors on customer service protocol, provide targeted support, recommendations and best practices when needed.
● Master and utilize all the customer service platforms for customer follow-up and assistance.
● Process customer transactions, liaison with Program Directors and suppliers (for customer facing issues and communications) and manage customer support for all programs.
○ Customer support interaction with all programs will be at a Tier 1 or 2 level. In depth program interaction will be directed (via customer support manager) to the specific program
○ Phone system support for incoming program calls, fielding, troubleshooting and directing calls to appropriate stakeholders
● First point of contact for email@example.com email address
● Primary contact for website Sustainable Westchester Community Mailing list signups.
● Maintaining the accuracy and optimization of the Sustainable Westchester Community calendar [Burbio technology powered]
Management of digital assets, systems support
● Maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the Customer Relationship Management System (currently, CiviCRM) to include updating municipal official information, recording customer contact and case information & correspondence, organization data entry, reviewing and updating data (Groups and Tags) and input to the Program teams to ensure the accuracy of their data input and updates.
● Working with CiviCRM service provider to ensure ongoing updates, adherence to best practices and optimizing the overall functionality of the CiviCRM system.
● Assist with on/off boarding of staff in relation to customer support facing credentials for CiviCRM and program customer platforms or portals [via on/off boarding form process]
○ Maintain files and records related to the above
● Provide inputs to development of customer facing data systems -- Coordinate with customer facing data systems and system services companies and suppliers, assist with development, configuration of system related only to customer support and training of staff (as it relates to program interaction with customer support)
Communications & Outreach
● Initiate email blasts (programmatic and events) as requested by Program Directors and Marketing & Communications
● Create and monitor registration links for virtual events (via CIVI and other event invite platforms) as requested Marketing & Communications
● Monitor and assist in website updates and maintenance in relation to the customer experience.
● Support outside outreach efforts -- printing, tabling, creating grab & go kits (working as with Outreach Manager). Participate in virtual or live outreach activities as necessary (to assist with outside events in coordination with Outreach Manager)
● Maintain a level of overview review of website content, execute “task” outreach specific changes and work with the Director of Marketing to field website changes via Vascar, our web support company.
Professional Expectations & Development
● Develop effective timelines and tactics; execute and track success
● Manage and nurture relationships with key stakeholders, vendors, suppliers, partners and coworkers
● Take part in training and growth opportunities as requested
● Develop and report on customer satisfaction metrics
● Execute & assess ongoing municipality client satisfaction measurement (survey)
● Develop a working knowledge and fluency with all of the Sustainable Westchester’s programs and initiatives
● Remain current on technologies utilized by our organization to ensure both best practices and security
● Rigorous adherence to organization data and cybersecurity policies and procedures, including personal devices where used for work purposes
● Regular “in office” hours 9-5 Monday through Friday. Occasional local travel, evening and weekend hours will be required.
● Minimum 3+ years’ experience in similar or related role
● High level of proficiency with software/web-based communication platforms including: Microsoft Office Suite, Data Management, CRM systems, Project Management software
● Experience managing others including third-party vendors, other employees or volunteers
● Licensed and insured driver with consistent access to reliable transportation
● Access to a personal smartphone with most up to date operating system and updates
● Connection to and familiarity with Westchester County
Personal Skills & Attributes:
● Self-starter, high energy level, organized with a high attention to detail
● Ability to multitask under pressure and meet goals on a tight schedule
● Exceptional communications skills - written and verbal
● Demonstrate a flexible, collaborative team player attitude and willingness to “roll-up your sleeves” to help where and when needed
● Familiarity with or interest in sustainability, energy or environmental issues is a plus
● Spanish fluency or strong Spanish conversational skills a plus
This is an opportunity to utilize your skills to help create a healthier, more resilient and sustainable Westchester County.
Compensation: commensurate with experience.
Benefits include 401k, health insurance, optional flex spending plan, life insurance, optional dental/vision, vacation, sick/PTO days, Holidays.
Sustainable Westchester is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for this position without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply: please send your cover letter and resume to our Human Resources department at CustomerSupport@sustainablewestchester.org.
Krista MadsenAssistant to the SupervisorPhone: 914-989-1540