- Boards and Agendas
- Boards & Commissions
- Police / Community Advisory Commission
Police / Community Advisory Commission
PLEASE NOTE THE NEW TEMPORARY DATE AND TIME FOR THE MEETINGS
- First Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
- If you would like to attend, please email Sheila Tompkins, email@example.com and she will provide the Zoom invite link.
- Please use "P/CAC Zoom inside request" as your subject, thank you!
View the Police / Community Advisory Commission Members (PDF).
Initially composed of between 7 and 11 members, two of which are students from the Edgemont and Central 7 School Districts, membership was increased to 15 in 2004 to allow for greater representation of various portions of the Town. Presently, there are 11 members serving on the Commission. Members with public safety concerns are invited to attend the meetings and relate their feelings or to contact their area representative with their concerns.
The Greenburgh Police/Community Advisory Commission was formed by Resolution of the Greenburgh Town Board in 1992 to:
Encourage dialogue and promote greater understanding between the Police and the community in which they serve.
The purpose of the Commission is to:
- Advise the Greenburgh Police Chief on issues and concerns of interest to local residents
- Assess needs and priorities and plan for the future law enforcement administration of the Town
- Encourage dialogue and promote greater understanding between the police and community
- Make recommendations regarding recruitment and training policies and practices
- Undertake and organize educational, outreach initiatives in conjunction and coordination with the Police Chief, regarding drug abuse and careers in law enforcement
Review the contact us form to contact the Police/Community Advisory Commission.