Bureau of Sanitation
- There are no alerts at this time.
- 2020 Sanitation Calendars
- Bulk Pickup
- Commingled Material
- Electronic Waste
- Fall Leaf Collection
- Large Metal Items
- Paper / Cardboard Pulp
- Yard Waste
- 2020 Sanitation Calendar Address Search Database
- 2020 Sanitation Calendar Instructions
- 2020 Sanitation Calendar Map
- Town of Greenburgh - 2020 Sanitation Schedule - Blue Calendar
- Town of Greenburgh - 2020 Sanitation Schedule - Gray Calendar
- Town of Greenburgh - 2020 Sanitation Schedule - Green Calendar
- Town of Greenburgh - 2020 Sanitation Schedule - Orange Calendar
- Town of Greenburgh - 2020 Sanitation Schedule - Yellow Calendar
You must call the Department of Public Works office at (914)989-1580 to schedule pick-up for large or bulk, non-metal items that do not fit into your garbage for collection. Bulk pick-ups for non-metal items are scheduled for your second garbage day of the week and require at least 2 days prior notice to schedule.
- "Gable-Top" Cartons such as milk, cream, and juice are placed with other recycle containers made of metal, glass, and plastic for collection. Do not mix paper and cardboard recyclables.
- Clean Aluminum Foil and Trays should be rinsed to free them of food particles and residue. All material should be combined together at curbside in a container or box that will be emptied and left for reuse.
- Glass jars and bottles of all types and colors re acceptable; labels my remain on and metal caps included.
- Metal cans should only consist of food and pet food types, labels my remain on and metal lids included.
- Plastic bottles such as soda, juice, milk jugs, and detergent containers that are coded with numbers 1 through 7 are acceptable.
These items and more, including radios, coffee makers and small appliances shall not be placed in the garbage and must be bought to the Town Highway Yard for drop off Monday through Friday, between the hours of 7 .m. to 3 p.m.
The Town Highway Yard is located at:
100 Sprain Road
Ardsley, NY 10502
- County regulations require mandatory recycling of all e-waste. Anything with an electrical cord is considered electronic waste.
- Local retailers may accept electronic waste regardless of the origin of purchase. Please check county website or call a retailer directly for further information.
The town encourages mulching of leaves. Bagged or contained leaves will be collected weekly during the fall leaf collection program. the town no longer picks up leaf piles.
Leaves must be bagged or placed in open containers!
Large metal items that do not fit into your recycling container, including appliances, are collected by appointment only, on Tuesdays. For collection, you must call 914-989-1580 to schedule large metal items for pickup. At least 2 days prior notice is required to schedule.
- Brown grocery bags should be folded and placed inside of another kraft bag, or bag may be used to contain newspaper and junk mail
- Cardboard must be "non-wax" cardboard and free of excessive amounts of plastic adhesive tape. Staples need not be removed. It can either be broken up and placed inside a container/cardboard box or used to contain newspaper.
- Magazines consisting of envelopes, sweepstakes forms and office papers
- Newspaper including inserts, may be bundled or placed in a container or box that can be emptied and left for reuse.
Mulch! Mulch! Mulch! The Town encourages mulching grass clippings and leaves, “Love ‘Em and Leave ‘Em.”
View the Lele Page for more information about the benefits of mulching.
Collection of organic yard waste including tree debris is limited as follows:
- Grass clippings and other organic yard waste must be placed in biodegradable paper bags or open containers with weight not exceeding 50 pounds, no Plastic bags. Pickup occurs Wednesday through Friday.
- The Town does not collect debris from private tree removals.
- Tree debris must be tied and bundled into lengths not more than four feet and width not more than two feet, or placed in an open container. The Town will not pick up tree trunks.