Friends of the Greenburgh Library
End of Year Report 2012-2013 June 1, 2012 – May 31, 2013
This past year has been a busy one for the Friends!
- Membership continues to rise – we now have more than 580 paid members (many of them Lifetime members!).
- Book Store income continues to increase – we are averaging $850 - $900 per month. Total Book Store income was $27,330, expenses $8,900
- Book Sale income was a record $16,243 and expenses were lower than previous sales at $9,170
- The Friends have disbursed nearly $18,000 to the Library. These funds were used for a wide variety of programming: Friends sponsored a total of 290 programs, with total attendance of 4,934. My favorite is Musical Munchkins – Friends sponsored 12 sessions, attended by 585 children!!
- This spring, the Friends created a new budget line for Library Staff Professional Development. To date, we have funded nearly $1,000 for staff members to attend and participate in continuing educational programming related to their positions at GPL.
- In April, the Friends conducted a Library Week survey. Results were most interesting: 650 surveys were taken; 57% responding were from Greenburgh; nearly 175 come once a week and 100 twice a week. Reasons for coming to the Library range from use of our resources to just finding a quiet place to read or work.
- Our web site was launched: friendsofthegreenburghlibrary.org Please check it out!
- Our email was also activated: email@example.com – please contact us with your questions and suggestions.
If you have an interest in serving as a Store/Saleteer, or becoming a member of our Board, please contact me through our email.
Thank YOU for your support this year! None of this would have happened without you.
Linda Karesh, President