Back to Article List
E HARTSDALE AVE SIDEWALK SALE SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th-- FUN EVENTS THIS WEEKEND
Release Date: September 03, 2009
E HARTSDALE AVE SIDEWALK SALE THIS SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 5th BEGINNING AT 10 AM. There will be at least two (possibly three) groups performing as part of the farmer’s market music series. Special thanks to Town Clerk Judith Beville for organizing the farmer’s market music series. One of our volunteers, Adriana Volpe, also an aspiring events planner, has spent the past several weeks reaching out to and recruiting businesses on East Hartsdale Avenue to participate in the Saturday, September 5th Sidewalk event.
Along with the sidewalk sale, we will have two – perhaps three – groups performing as part of the Farmers Market Music Series. Both Adriana and Lee Mouzakitis, Records Management Coordinator/Office of the Town Clerk, both played a significant role in representing the Town during the last twelve weeks of performances by showing up each Saturday at 10:00am to greet performers, video-taping their performances and remaining until 2:00pm when the last act was over.
Please come to DeSanti Plaza on this Saturday, September 5th to welcome/ greet residents, business supporters of the sidewalk sale and music events as well as to acknowledge Adriana Volpe and Lee for their diligence, commitment and hard work in ensuring that both events were a success
This Weekend on RivertownsGuide.com…..
- Farmers Markets: Dobbs Ferry, Hastings, Tarrytown, E. Hartsdale
- Evening Star Show in Yonkers
- Closing Weekend: Hudson Valley Shakespeare Festival
- Free Entertainment in Dobbs Ferry and Ardsley
- Westchester Kennel Club Dog Show
- "Way Back When" Sidewalk Sale, The Hartsdale Village
- The Green Corn Festival @ Philipsburg Manor, Sleepy Hollow
- Jonathan Kruk, Storyteller, Irvington Public Library
- Beach Party, Fundraiser, Millwood Swim Club, Millwood
- Hot Tuna, Tarrytown
- Labor Day Antiques & Farmers Holiday Market, Pound Ridge
- Open Labor Day: Hudson River Museum
Go to http://www.rivertownsguide.comfor more information on these and many more events this weekend.
Amateur Photography Contest
A Quadricentennial Celebration of the Hudson River
The Rivertown libraries of Dobbs Ferry, Hastings-on-Hudson, and Irvington invite you to submit photographs of the Hudson River. There will be two groupings for judging: Photographers under 18 years old and Photographers 18 and older. All entries will be exhibited from September 12th until October 24th, 2009. Winners will be announced on Saturday, October 17 from 4pm - 5pm.Submissions will be accepted at Dobbs Ferry Library through September 9. Go to http://hastingslibrary.org/ for details.
An Exhibition Opportunity in the Arts Exchange Gallery. ArtsWestchester
Announces “Fumetto” Competition. DEADLINE: September 17th
Westchester-based artists are invited to submit their work on climate change as part of our “Fumetto” Competition. “Fumetto”, ArtsWestchester’s fall exhibition, will be the third in a series of exhibitions concerning environmental sustainability sponsored by Swiss Re. Go to http://tinyurl.com/ArtsWestchester for the details.
DON’T FORGET! – September 11, 12, & 13..……….
- Fall Crafts at Lyndhurst
- Lights on Irvington: A Vintage Village Weekend Celebration 1909 - 2009
- The 3rd Annual “Take Me to the River” GrassRoots Music Festival, Hastings
- Dobbs Ferry Festa
- Yonkers Riverfest 2009
- Eco-Fair, Tarrytown
- The Hudson River Swim for Life, Nyack to Sleepy Hollow
- Native American Day
- Street Fair and Second Sunday, Sleepy Hollow
- New York Metro Reptile Expo
ARE YOU OUT OF WORK. VISIT www.linkedin.com (Greenburgh Jobs Group) for job opportunities!
- PAUL FEINER
Greenburgh: Named by MONEY MAGAZINE in 2008 as “ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO LIVE” IN AMERICA (#80)
JOB E MAIL LIST---I am trying to help unemployed Greenburgh residents find work. If your company/business has any job openings please e mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are out of work and want to be advised of job openings please advise.